Zucchini Pasta Salad
Here’s a healthy pasta salad recipe that you can indulge in! The secret is to use a vegetable peeler to turn zucchini into long pasta-like strands. This recipe is filled with fiber and is the perfect side to a lean chicken breast. Servings: 4
Here’s what you need:
- 3 organic zucchini
- 1/2 cup organic cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- dash of salt and pepper
- Trim the zucchini ends. Peel down the length of each zucchini until you reach the seeded center, creating long, noodle strands.
- Place the noodles in a medium bowl, add the quartered cherry tomatoes.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice, dried basil, salt and pepper. Pour over the noodles and mix to combine.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
- *Optional, garnish with drops of balsamic vinegar glaze before serving.
Nutritional Analysis: 92 calories, 7g fat, 68mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 2g protein
Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
Mike Sherbakov, CSCS, RYT, CPT