A Twist on Tuna Salad
Most recipes for tuna salad call for fat-filled mayonnaise, but this recipe uses fat free Greek yogurt instead. You get all the creaminess without added calories to set back your results.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 (5oz) cans wild albacore tuna, packed in water
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons champagne mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, plus more for garnish
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1 green apple, shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups organic mixed greens
Drain the tuna and flake in a medium bowl. Add the yogurt, mustard, dill and pepper. Mix until creamy and well combined. Add the shredded apple and cabbage. Mix well. Arrange mixed greens on plates, then use an ice cream scooper to place the tuna mixture. Sprinkle with dill weed.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 140 calories, 1 fat, 210mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 20g protein.
-Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow-
Mike Sherbakov, CSCS, RYT, CPT